Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Remember these?


I do. This was the gift that I wanted most of all one Christmas when I was 12 years old. When I got them I went skating at least once a week. I would throw them over my shoulder and I walked to the skating rink with my friends. Boy was I proud. I thought I was a big shot, because I didn't have to rent my skates. The rink I used to visit remained in business throughout most of my adult life, but Hurricane Katrina shut the doors for good. Most good things come to an end, but at least I have many fond memories.
P.S. Sorry it has been so long, but there has been a problem with my computer. Still working out the bugs so be patient with me.

3 comments:

Miss Riya said...

Thanks for the chicken salad. Jenna and I had a great time at your adorable house.

meboo said...

Sis Barbara,
When I was ten or eleven, I received a pair of roller skates for my birthday. I sure loved those skates, almost as well as the tape recorder I received for another birthday. What fun it was skating up and down the street with all of my friends!

John J Sweeney said...

I personally can not do anything that begins with 'sk-'. Seriously. Just checking out your blog.